Usually, the first things that come into mind during your periods are depression, fatigue, body pain, and cramps. Unfortunately, most women have to face these uncomfortable symptoms each month. Period pain varies from mild to severe and it can be hard to put up with. However, the good news is that you don’t have to! Making small changes to your diet can do wonders. Knowing what is healthy for you can ease your period pain and make these days of the month more relaxed. We will share with you the foods that are healthy to eat during your period.
What to eat during your periods?
Around 90% of women experience the following symptoms:
- Back pain
- Mood swings
- Breast pain and irritation
- Bloated belly
Adding some foods to your diet can reduce these uncomfortable symptoms and make you feel better and more refreshed. Here is a list of the most important ones:
1. Fruit and Green veggies
Fruit and veggies are great for their nutritional value and fiber. Your body needs them during your period. Usually, Women who consume more fruit and vegetables during menstruation tend to have lesser body pain and more comfortable periods!
2. Omega 3
Omega 3 helps to relieve cramps and muscle pains during periods. You can find it in:
- Flaxseed oil
- Soy oil
- Chia seeds
It’s common to have significant drop levels of iron during your period due to blood loss. Women who suffer from anemia are more likely to get heavy bleeding. Therefore, they need iron-rich foods to compensate for the lack of iron. It would be great if you include these foods in your diet:
- Dark chocolate
Low flow during the period
Experiencing low flow during your period? This might be a sign of hormonal imbalance or other health issues. There are several foods that increase blood flow a little during your period. You can grab some:
- Red Beet
- Carrot juice
- Dark chocolate
- Cactus juice
- Fenugreek seeds
Healthy Drinks during your period
What should you drink during your period? There are many drinks that don’t have any side effects and even helps you to ease period cramps. We recommend with the following:
- Water: Drinking plenty of water relieves period pain and cramps. Therefore, it’s always recommended to stay hydrated during your period. If you want to turn water into a refreshing remedy Try to add a touch of cinnamon or a few drops of lemon.
- Chamomile tea: it’s probably the best drink to have during your period. It calms down stubborn cramps and helps you for a better sleep. Treat yourself to a warm cup before bed or during the day.
- Ginger tea: Ginger has great benefits when it comes to menstrual pain and settling digestion problems. If you want a balanced flow just try not to overdose.
- Mint: the pacifying nature of mint remarkably reduces period pain. Enjoy a drink or two, you won’t regret it we promise!
Maintaining a healthy diet can make your period pain seem more manageable. Just remember it’s only a few days, let them be healthy and relaxed, like every other day!
Why not try our range of next generation sanitary pads on your next periods? Pectiv® offers long-lasting comfort and protection, whatever your flow. Our super-soft sanitary pads are gentle on your skin and absorb quickly, giving you peace of mind – so whatever your day brings, you can feel confident!